When you perceive there is…
- Lack of clarity about the team’s objectives
- Increased complaining, conflict or hostility among team members
- Confusion about assignments; unclear roles
- Decisions not understood
- Apathy in the team
- Ineffective meetings; low participation
- Start-up of a new group that needs to begin rapidly
- High dependency on the manager.
The purpose of true teambuilding is to help a group identify the factors that are interfering with its effectiveness and productivity, and to develop a plan of action to correct or circumvent these trouble points.